Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Beginning

For a long time I've considered doing this: Blogging everyday. I tried to do it everyday during our roadtrip out west last summer (see toglacierandback.blogspot.com) and it went fairly well, even if I didn't manage to a.) blog everyday or b.) find an internet connection everyday. Before that and since then, I have blogged with varying degrees of success. Primarily, I'm thinking that blogging as often as I can will keep the writing pump primed, which I could definitely benefit from.

So who am I and what do I do?

Well, I suppose many of my initial readers will know the answers to those questions, but if you stumble across Existential Cheerleading quite by accident and for some reason stop to investigate, here it is. Try to stay awake.

Stay-at-home dad/husband. Three kids, all boys. Writer who has tangled with publishing and met with varying degrees of success. First published short story appeared in On The Water magazine in February 2005 and another has been accepted by Gray's Sporting Journal. Hard at work on what will be my first published novel (fingers crossed), "Marvel and Twain." Details forthcoming. Fly fisherman. Lefty-commie-pinko-liberal. Recovering Zen Buddhist. Autodidact. Photographer. Former teacher, marcom writer, labor movement foot-soldier.

More to come, I suspect. There's certainly no limit on the material for blog entries floating out there in my life.

Comments always welcome.

No comments: