Friday, December 7, 2007

It's 10 pm


Do you know where your brain is? Jesus, I wish I could find mine. I need to get working on Marvel and Twain, but I just can't seem to find the thread for the second half of chapter seven. So I am killing a little time here, and hoping I won't have to slaughter the hours until inspiration comes along.


Interesting things of note today? 2002 Mazda MPVs seem to have a major transmission problem. Duly noted. Elliot's bottom is the site of some horrific diaper rash. Duly noted. Cream obsessively applied. Pine Mountain fire logs outlast Duraflames by several hours. Duly noted. A dusting of even 1/4 inch of snow is enough to freshen the world. Duly noted. Being cold is 50% mental, at least for a while. Went out without a coat or hat and traipsed around the yard this morning filling bird feeders. It was 20. It didn't faze me. Duly noted. Got cold sitting in the kitchen at lunch time because I let it happen. Duly noted. Got the Montana/Yellowstone itch really bad.


Really bad.


Need to sell this place and move out there. Tomorrow.


So, uh, I was sitting on the floor waiting for Toby to collect blocks so that I could build him the tower he requested when Hoover came along and climbed into my lap. She wanted to be pet, she wanted to know I still loved her. I obliged, because she is a big lap dog and a big brown dummy and her eyes make her irresistible. When she eventually got up, there was a weird and very stinky wet spot on my leg the size of a quarter. I don't really want to know what that was because I know enough: It was gross. I need to go put my freshly washed jeans in the dryer now.


Ick.


Even Jigsaw had to check it out and then run away.

No comments: